I work as an independent medico-legal expert. I am interested in Cardiological issues related to Clinical Negligence and Personal Injuries.
I have worked 50-50% for claimants and defendants.
My waiting time for the next Medico-Legal appointment is one to two weeks. Report completion time is 3-8 weeks depending on the complexity of questions and issues.
The Federation of Forensic and Expert Witnesses gave me a lifetime achievement award.
I subscribe the Medical Law Review and keep myself up to date with the Civil Procedure Rules. To ensure the best practice as an expert I have attended:
Medico-Legal Expert Training
- InspireMediLaw Accredited Expert Witness Training Workshop 27-28 November 2019 in Oxford
- Courses via Professional Solutions at 12 Bloomsbury Square, London, led by Giles Eyre and Lynden Alexander:
- Workshop in Successful Communication at Experts’ Meetings and Preparing to give Oral Evidence in Court, January 2017
- Workshop in Writing Expert Reports (Advanced), January 2017
- Courses via SpecialistInfo.com at 218 Strand, London, led by Jonathan Dingle and Judith Kelbie:
- Court Room Skills Course in November 2014
- Clinical Negligence Medico-Legal Course in November 2014
- Refresher in Medico-Legal Expert Advanced Training, September 2014
- Medico-Legal Expert Advanced Training in November 2011
I am a member of the Norfolk and Norwich Medico-Legal Society and The Medico-Legal Society of London.
For arrangements and to request my Terms & Conditions and fee estimates for medico-legal work, please email me medicolegal (at) kardiostar.com